|1. Faith is essential. Hebrews 11:6; John 8:24; and many more.|
2. How do we get faith? Romans 10:17
3. How do we KEEP the faith? 2 Timothy 4:7 I have kept the faith
4. How do we GROW faith? This is the more difficult question.
5. Here are some methods to increase your faith.
|1. Romans 10:17 ? Faith comes by hearing the Word (read, listen to sermon tapes)|
2. With a sense of anticipation
3. Regularly ? daily
4. With a desire to make personal application. What is God saying to me?
|1. Believing that God WILL hear and respond to you. |
2. As we see answers to prayer, that builds our existing faith even stronger.
3. Remove all doubt.
|1. To gain muscles ? use what you got.|
2. Faith is TRUST. Do you trust God?
3. Act on that trust.
4. What are you looking to and trusting God for today?
|1. Hebrews 11 ? Heroes of faith encourage us|
2. John 20:30-31 These are written that you might believe
3. Read Fox?s Book of Martyrs.
4. Study the persecution of the early church.
|1. Faith MUST include obedience.|
2. Faith without obedience = dead faith. James 2:18
|1. The trials, problems, and pressures of life are a "tool" that God uses for our spiritual growth and faith development. (This is not an easy one)|
2. 1 Peter 1:7 ? faith is refined (made pure) in the fiery trials
|1. 1 John 1:7 ? Walk in the light, fellowship with Jesus|
2. Surround yourself with other Christians.
3. Attend church regularly.
4. Be around strong Christians. Something will rub off on you.
|1. State your faith PUBLICLY.|
2. This will help you to stay on the right track and be in obedience to God in yourself and by helping someone else-which will keep your eyes open to God's will and His working in your life.