TITLE: Is it a
sin to doubt?
TEXT: Matthew 21:21-22
PROPOSITION: We often have doubts about our faith.
KEY WORD: Suggestions
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
- We often have doubts about:
- Our faith God, Bible, Jesus
- Our friends real, backstabbing
- Our life decisions, career
- What does the NT teach about doubting?
Three Kinds of Doubt
- Crippling Rejection of your own belief system
- Seeking Search, investigate, look for
affirmation, support of our faith
- Momentary Arise our of crisis, pain, stress;
When the stress is gone, so is the doubt
Causes of Doubt
- Guilt, sin, attempt to justify your wrong actions
- Vine To test, to prove, with the expectation of
- 1 Thessalonians 5:21
- Ephesians 5:10
- 1 Corinthians 11:28 let a man examine himself
- 2 Corinthians 13:5 examine yourselves
- Romans 12:2 that you may prove
- 1 John 4:1 try the spirits
- 1 Thessalonians 2:4 allowed better approved
- In Crisis
- Jesus Matthew 27:46
- Martha John 11:21
- Mary John 11:32
- John the Baptizer Luke 7:19
- Why am I feeling doubt?
- Because of sin?
- I am searching for the truth?
- I am in crisis?
- What will I do with the answer?
- Reject it and keep looking?
- Rejoice that I found the truth?
- Praise God when the crisis is over and things are