Act your (Spiritual) Age
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 13:9-11
PROPOSITION: God demands that Christians be mature.
KEY WORD: Symptoms
Adults should not act like children.
Some childish traits should be retained:
Simple faith and trust.
Sympathy. Romans 12:15 Weep with those that weep
Forgiveness. Colossians 3:13 forgiving one another as Christ
3. See story below
4. Many symptoms of immaturity should be dropped - -
1. Tattling. 1 Timothy 5:13 Tattlers and busy bodies, speaking things they
1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves, that He may exalt you
Romans 12:16 Be not wise in your own conceits
3. Envy and jealousy. Proverbs 14:30 A sound heart is the life of the flesh; but envy the rottenness of the bones.
4. All play and no work. 2 Thessalonians 3:10 If any man will not work, neither eat
1 Corinthians 15:58 Be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding
James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways
6. Wrangling. Romans 14:19 Follow after things that make for peace
7. Discourtesy. 1 Corinthians 13:4 Love suffers long and is kind
8. Sullenness. Luke 15:25-32 "elder brother"
1. 1 Corinthians 16:13 "Quit you like men"
2. Christianity is too big and too great to be defiled by the petty littleness of bantam-sized personalities housed in full-grown bodies.
Small boy calls out “Daaaad, bring me a drink of water.”
Father says, No. Go to sleep.
Daaaad, I’m thirsty, bring me a drink of water.
NO! If you call again, I will come in and spank you.
Daaaad, when you come to spank me, would be bring me some water?