TITLE: Language of Ashdod
TEXT: Nehemiah 13:23-24
PROPOSITION: We must make sure our terminology is correct.
KEY WORD: Words
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
1. Historical Background.
1. Inter-married with pagan cultures.
2. Still spoke SOME of God's language.
3. Speech was mingled with "uncertain sounds".
4. They could not express the ideas of the law.
5. Could not understand the law. (today - modern versions)
2. The Problem Still Exists Today.
1. Pastor - elder, bishop, overseerer - Eph. 4:11
This church has 3 Pastors - I am not one of them.
2. Reverend - title for God, not man (Ps. 111:19)
Peter was not to be worshipped Acts 10:26
3. Father - Matthew 23:8
4. Sacrament - for Lord's Supper, Communion
A. Dictionary - something regarded as possessing sacred character
B. Transubstantiation - elements do NOT change
C. NOTE: Same for baptism -no power in water
D. 1 John 5:6-8
7. Get religion - Not GET; DO - James 1:27 Pure religion
8. One church is as good as another
A. Mans vs. Mans = correct
B. Many say this NOBODY believes it
C. Mans churches are not equal to Christs church