TITLE: In the Borderland of the Kingdom
TEXT: Mark 12:28-34
PROPOSITION: Some are not far from the kingdom of God.
KEY WORD: Lessons
1. Our focus is on the statement about a man who was not far from the kingdom.
2. There are several important lessons to learn.
1. The Fact of the Borderland.
A. Degrees of distance - Far, Farther, Farthest
B. Borderland is better than far away.
1. Man can see the difference.
2. God can see the difference.
C. Others in NT - not far.
1. Rich young Ruler Mark 10:21 One thing you lack
2. Felix Acts 24:25 trembled, more convenient time
3. Agrippa Acts 26:28 Almost persuaded
2. The Meaning of the Borderland.
A. This man is different from others in the crowd.
B. Different from Pharisees, Sadducees.
C. Different from the worldly - greed, lust, selfish
D. TODAY THERE ARE SOME IN THE BORDERLAND.
1. Good habits 2. Good disposition
3. Caring, loving 4. Morally good - honest
3. The Tragedy of the Borderland.
A. In LIFE they are difficult to convince.
B. In DEATH it is too late.
C. In ETERNITY - only two classes:
1. Saved or Lost 2. Sheep and Goats
3. Right or Left 4. "Come" or "Depart"