TITLE: Dangerous Prayers
TEXT: Ezekiel 14:1-5
PROPOSITION: We must not pray with our mind made up.
KEY WORD: Dangers
1. Idols in our heart.
A. Set up idols, stumbling block, and iniquity - then pray to God.
B. "I will answer according to their idols."
C. We should pray - "If it be thy will" (James 4:15)
2. James and John. Mark 10:35-40
A. Matthew 20:20-22 – Mother takes them and asks.
B. Her idea of kingdom, power, right and left - different from God's.
3. Peter after his Confession. Matt. 16:21-23
A. Peter thought he was doing the right thing.
B. Phillips translation - "You are not looking from God's viewpoint."
C. Think - What if God granted Peter's request - no salvation.
A. Pray for someone to help – it might be you.
B. Pray for workers in mission – you might be the answer
C. Country song – "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"
5. Today - many pray for wrong things.
A. Baptism of fire - Matt. 3:11-12
B. Save without obedience - Heb. 5:8-9
C. Make exception to the rules for them:
1. No baptism 4. Not attend worship
2. Divorce 5. Use instruments in worship
3. Worship wrong 6. Heaven on kind deeds