TITLE: The Gospel Call
TEXT: 2 Thessalonians 2:13-16
PROPOSITION: The call of the gospel is not some mysterious voice, but the urging of God to obey His will.
KEY WORD: Steps
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
1. We must hear the truththe doctrines of the Gospel.
A. Romans 10:13-17 cannot call until they hear
B. John 6:45 everyone who has heard and learned of the Father
2. We must believe this truth when we hear it preached.
A. Hebrews 11:6 without faith it is impossible to please God
B. John 8:24 except you believe you will die in your sins
Corinthians 1:21 God will save those who believe
3. We must respond in obedience to the truth.
A. Hebrews 5:8-9 to all those who obey him
B. Matthew 7:21 he that does the will of my Father
3:1 Who tricked you thinking we should not obey the truth?
3. This obedience includes three specific things.
A. Repentance Luke 13:3; Acts 17:30
B. Confession of faith Matthew 10:32-33; Romans 10:9-10
Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16; Acts 10:48
4. All this constitutes our salvation we're being fitted for the inheritance
A. 1 Corinthians 1:24-26 called obey the wisdom of God
2:39-42 called = saved = added to church
5. Heaven is for the "called."
A. Acts 22:16 "calling on the name of the Lord" is the result of baptism