Return to list of sermons G - L
TITLE: Grasshopper Complex
TEXT: Numbers 13:26 - 14:35
PROPOSITION: There are many reasons that we miss God's
best for our lives.
KEY WORD: Mistakes
READING: Numbers 13:30-33
- Israel was ready to enter the
- They believed the false report of
- They missed God's best because:
They made a wrong parallel 13:28-33
- They compared themselves to people in
- We should compare the people to God.
They misunderstood God's purpose 14:1-3
- God did bring them out here to fail.
- Look where God has brought you.
- 1. He did not bring you here to fail.
- 2. He will bring you to victory.
They disregarded God's protection 14:3,
- Where is the safest place to be?
- In the arms of the Lord.
They forgot the presence of the Lord
- God is everywhere present. Omnipresence.
- "We know they are big. God is
- How big is your God?
They forgot God's punishment 14:10, 35
- God will correct us for our good . Hebrews
- You can react in one of three ways to
- 1. Despise it.
- 2. Faint. (quit serving God, give up)
- 3. Learn from it.
They tried God's patience 14:11a, 27
- We wander away from God's will.
- We should thank God for allowing us to
- INSTEAD: We blame God for our problems.
They forgot the power of God 14:11b,
- We wish we could see the miracles.
- It would not make any difference.
- Abraham, "They have Moses and the
- We have forgotten that God is powerful.
They doubted God's promise 14:16
- Promise was already made to them.
- They did not believe the promise.
- Are you "Standing on the
- Don't be satisfied for less than God's
- Trust and obey Him; You can have His best.
Return to list of sermons from G - L