Return to list of sermons G - L
TITLE: It Is Great to be a Teacher
TEXT: Isaiah 6:6-8
PROPOSITION: Teaching the Word of God is a great
KEY WORD: Reasons
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
- In many churches teachers are hard
- Here is what we do in Athens teach
for 3 months. Have teachers, assistants, substitutes.
- After three months take a quarter
off or move to different class.
It is great to be a teacher of Gods
Word because by teaching we:
Accept the challenge of Christianity.
- How are you being challenged?
In faith, In knowledge, In study, In deeper thinking
- Book "Bored and Apathetic Church
Member" Why are many bored?
- The Great Commission is our challenge. Are
we keeping it?
Accept the responsibility of Christianity.
- Join any organization = some
responsibility support, pay dues, work
- The task of Christianity teach,
- If you are not teaching why are you
Are doing what is essential.
- If church exists 50 years from now
- If church remians pure in doctrine,
- To show our love for God, Christ, Holy
- To show our love for the lost.
Are doing what is commanded.
- Matthew 28:19 Go teach (make disciples) of
- 2 Timothy 2:2 Things learned, teach to
- 2 timothy 4:2 Preach the word
Are being rewarded.
- Teaching rewards others saved their
soul Mark 8:36-37
- Teaching rewards the church members
being added to the body.
- Teaching rewards self learn more,
grow in faith.
Return to list of sermons from G - L