Return to list of sermons G - L
TITLE: Halloween is Over
TEXT: Matthew 6:1-4
PROPOSITION: God seeks to expose the hypocrite.
KEY WORD: Hypocrites
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
- Joke – "Halloween is over. You can take the mask off now."
- Bible word – Hypocrite = "an actor, plays a part, pretends
- It is time to unmask the hypocrites.
- James 3:8 "unruly evil, no man can tame."
- Can same tongue bless and curse? (v. 10)
Sweet water and bitter?
Fig tree have olive berries?
Water be salt and fresh?
- James 1:26 Seem to be religious, bridle not tongue,
- Romans 13:12-13 Time to cast away the drunkenness (and all connected)
- Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker – led astray by it is not wise.
- Drunkenness is a mater of degree.
Worldly Cares – Money, Things, Pleasures
- 1 John 2:15-17 Love not the world
- Romans 12:2 Be not conformed to this world
- Parable of the sower – seed among thorns – Luke 8:14
Choked by the cares and pleasures of this world
- 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 false apostles, deceitful workers
- Great personality, good speakers, charming
- James 2:18 – Show your faith by your works
- 1 Timothy 1:5 – The end of the commandment – faith without hypocrisy
- 1 Peter 1:22 Seeing you have purified your souls in unfeigned love of brethren
- 2 Corinthians 6:6 Love free from hypocrisy
- Romans 12:9 Let your love be without hypocrisy
- May all we do and say be without hypocrisy.
- Take off the mask – Halloween is over.
Return to list of sermons from G - L