Return to list of sermons G - L
TITLE: The Hand of God
TEXT: Isaiah 59:1-3
PROPOSITION: The hand of God represents His power, work,
KEY WORD: Demonstrations
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
- INTRODUCTION: Anthropomorphism = Human
attributes given to God.
- God is spirit (John 4:24) does not have
body parts as we do.
- Gods eyes, ears, hands, etc. =
figure of speech His ability to see, hear, do,
- Think about how the Hand of God is
The Hand of God in Creation
- Some atheists in our world today.
- Where did the world come from?
- Gods voice spoke, His hand moved,
His eyes saw it was good.
- Psalm 19:1 Heavens declare the glory of
- Psalm 8:3 When I consider the work of your
fingers, the moon and stars
- Gods Hand also created US, man, from
the dust of the ground. Genesis 2:7
The Hand of God in Salvation
- God has the power to save. The only one
who can save us.
- Gods mercy, grace, love, and power
(hand) are seen in salvation.
- Gods hands are outstretched
- Jesus wanted to gather us under his wing.
- Hand of God knocks at our door.
- Gods hand lifts us from sin to
The Hand of God in Providence
- Gods hand made us, saves us
- With Blessings General and
A. General air, water, food, seasons, etc.
B. Specific answer to prayer, healing, support,
- With Direction "Guard,
Guide and Direct us" common prayer
- Gods hand does this.
- Not by miracles Through His word,
Working for our good Romans 8:28
- Psalm 23 He leads me beside still waters,
He restores my soul
- He leads me in the paths of righteousness
- With Fellowship We walk and
talk as good friends should and do
- With Correction out of love
The Hand of God in Punishment
- Refuse to believe, not obey, rebellion
against God = Punishment
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 Know not God, obey
not the gospel = punished
- Hebrews 10:31 "Fearful thing to fall
into the hands of the living God."
- Luke 23:46 "Into thy hands I commend
Return to list of sermons from G - L