Return to list of sermons G - L
TITLE: For the Man who has Everything
TEXT: Mark 10:17-22
PROPOSITION: If a man has everything but Christ, he is still in a lost condition.
KEY WORD: Provisions
1. What should we get for ______?
2. Study this man who has everything.
I. Challenge Him to Think (17-18)
- He was thinking about eternity. Sought help.
- Phil. Jailer - What must I do?
- Jews on Pentecost - What shall we do?
- Saul - What wilt thou have me to do?
- THINK – Morally, Soberly, Righteously, Spiritually
- Philippians 4:8 – True, noble, just, pure, lovely, good report
II. Checklist of the Commandments (19-20)
- Morals - Adultery, Kill
- Honesty - Steal, False witness, Defraud not
- Respect - Honor parents
- Religion - from my youth up
III. Show Him Compassion (21a)
- Beholding - "looking deep within"
- Loved - liked what he saw
- All people have problems – need caring and help.
- No matter how wealthy – We need compassion, caring.
IV. Offer Him A Cure (21b)
- One thing lacking
- Lay aside THE SIN Heb. 12:1
- Make the commitment, sacrifice
V. Give Him A Choice (22)
- Can't avoid making a choice.
- To not choose = is a choice.
- Joshua 24:15 Choose this day whom you will serve
- Acts 24:25 Felix, Go away for now, more convenient time
Return to list of sermons from G - L