TITLE: If Elected, I Will Serve
TEXT: Ephesians 1:3-6
PROPOSITION: God has an election process.
KEY WORD: Teachings
1. General election time. Many people want you to choose them.
2. Bible talks about "election".
1. What does the Bible teach about election?
A. According to the purpose of God.
Ephesians 1:5 According to the good pleasure of His will
Romans 9:11 That the purpose of God according to election might stand
Ephesians 3:9-11 Make known by the church according to the eternal purpose
B. No reason for boasting, by the grace of God.
Ephesians 2:8-9 Not of works, lest anyone should boast
Titus 2:11 Grace of God appeared to all men
2 Timothy 1:9 Who saved us according to His own purpose and grace
C. Took place before creation.
Ephesians 1:4 Choose us in Him before the foundation of the world
2 Thessalonians 2:13 Lord from the beginning chose you
2. How are we elected?
A. 1 Peter 1:2 Obey (man's part) Blood of Jesus (God's part)
3. Who are elected?
A. Ephesians 1:3 In Christ
B. vs. 4 Holy, no blame
C. vs. 5 Children
D. vs. 7 Redeemed, forgiveness of sins
E. vs. 11 Inheritance
4. When are we elected?
A. Galatians 3:27 Baptized into Christ
B. Ephesians 5:27 Holy, without blame
C. Galatians 3:26 Children by faith
D. Colossians 1:14 Translated into the kingdom
E. Galatians 3:29 Christ's = heirs of the promise
1. This is not individual election.
2. God chose ALL who believe and obey Jesus to be saved.
3. If you are elected - you should serve.
4. 2 Peter 1:10-11 Make election sure, never fall, enter heaven