Return to list of sermons G - L
TITLE: Junk Yards
TEXT: Psalm 40:1-3
PROPOSITION: Christians are recycled junk.
KEY WORD: Descriptions
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
INTRODUCTION: Camp song "Down in
the dumps Ill never go,
where the devil keeps me
Boy "Whats so bad with dumps?
Lots of neat stuff there."
- Recognize their value and worth
- Prodigal Son from pig pen
- Many people are in junk yards
delinquent members, lost, discouraged
- Make a list think of ways to
reclaim them for useful service
- There is lots of neat stuff (people) to be
- 2 Timothy 2:20-21 "vessels useful for
- Buy junk and make something good of it.
- Redeem = "buy back"
Remember green stamps?
- After seeing the worth We must PAY
- Boy with boat made it, lost it, saw
it for sale in store
"Twice mine I made you and I bought
- Newsprint, Coke cans, Glass bottles,
- We are recycled to:
- Ephesians 2:8-10 good works
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 all things are
- Philippians 3:21 new body
- 2 Corinthians 15:51-52 raised from
Return to list of sermons from G - L