Return to list of sermons G - L
TITLE: Life Begins – When?
TEXT: John 3:3-7
PROPOSITION: God requires us to meet some conditions to live spiritually.
KEY WORD: Conditions
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
- Many years ago – Radio show "Life begins at 80"
- Ad in paper to prepare for retirement at 45 – "Life begins at 45"
- For the Christian – When does life begin?
- This is not a study of abortion.
- This is a study of the conditions to live for God.
Not Physical Health or Age
- Home and Milton – Blind
- Julius Caesar – epilepsy
- Beethoven – deaf
- Philosopher Emmanuel Kant – midget
- "Abe Lincoln is not famous because be was born in a log cabin, but because he was
able to leave those surroundings."
- Private or General; Clerk or storeowner; Citizen or President – Don't wait!
Use our Talents
- 1 Corinthians 12:15-18
- Use what you have, where you are.
Face failure nad success
- We must know both to really live.
- Rich farmer – Luke 12:16-21 – knew success, not failure
- Michael Jordan – tried baseball – failure.
Have hope – future on earth and eternal life
- Psalm 39:7 Now Lord, what wait I for? My hope is in thee.
- Romans 8:24 We are saved by hope.
- NEVER take away a persons hope.
- Colossians 1:27 Christ in you, the hope of glory
Quit worrying about what others will think or say
- Galatians 1:10 Don't preach any other gospel
- Romans 12:2 Be not conformed to this world, be transfromed
Learn to grow old gracefully
- Grumpy old people did not get that way when they turned 75.
- Rather be 70 years young than 40 years OLD!
Able to face death without terror
- 2 Samuel 12:22-23 Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him.
- Revelation 14:13 Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord.
Return to list of sermons from G - L