Return to list of sermons G - L
TITLE: The Lost Bible
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 34:14-16; 29-33
PROPOSITION: The plea to restore New Testament
Christianity is valid.
KEY WORD: Applications
SCRIPTURE READING: 2 Chronicles 34:29-33
How the Book was Lost.
- INTRODUCTION: Churches of Christ exist
because of a plea to restore the church as it existed in
the New Testament.
- Is this a valid idea? Does God want us to
try to restore the NT Church?
- There are some lessons to learn from this
event in the OT.
How is the Bible lost today?
- Moses commanded that the law be read to
the people. Deuteronomy 31:24-26
- Parents were commanded to teach the law to
their children. Deuteronomy 6:6-9
- During the period of the kings (evil
kings) idols were worshipped God forgotten.
- There was a long period of evil kings in a
row. Gods law ignored.
What was done with the book when
it was found?
- Bibles are available 30 million
printed each year.
- Still may be lost. How?
- Have it but do not read it, study it, obey
- Read it but only for history, literature.
- Read it to pick flaws, prove it false.
- Read it to prove their theory right.
- Isnt it strange that it was lost in
the House of God?
- Copy in homes but not in hearts of
- Copy in churches but not obeyed,
- Copy in preachers hand but not
- Hilkiah had it read to Josiah (the king).
- Josiah gathered the people to hear the
word of God.
- Challenged the people to make a covenant
- Purge land of idolatry, evil practices
Return to doing right.
When Jehovahs people push aside the Bible
to serve their own interest apostasy results.
Dont lose the book. If lost find
it, read it, study it, obey it.
Return to list of sermons from G - L