TITLE: Frog In A Pothole
TEXT: Romans 6:12-17
PROPOSITION: We can get out of sinful holes.
KEY WORD: Ways
1. Every spring - potholes in the roads.
2. Our lives also get potholes in them.
a. Problems and troubles
b. Sin and evil
c. Wrong direction in our thinking
3. Frog in a deep pothole - could not jump out - trapped - next day seen in town - OK - asked How? – answer - "A truck was coming and I HAD TO GET OUT."
4. Here are three ways to get out of your potholes.
I. We must choose - not straddle the fence
1. Exodus 32:26 Who is on the Lord's side?
2. Joshua 24:15 Choose ye this day
3. Deuteronomy 30:19 Choose life or death bless or curse
4. I Kings 18:21 How long halt between two opinions?
5. Matthew 6:24 Can't serve two masters
6. Indecision will kill you!
II. Know where you are - the danger you are in
1. John 8:34, 44 Servant of sin, your father = devil
2. Acts 8:23 Bond of iniquity, gall -bitterness
3. Romans 6:16 servant of sin or righteousness?
4. II Peter 2:19 in bondage to sin
5. Crisis = Not have a clear understanding of situation, distorted reality
III. Decide to act NOW!
1. Matthew 12:50 Do the will of the Father
2. John 7:17 Will to do his will
3. Ephesians 6:6 Do will of God from heart
4. Hebrews 4:7 Today, do not harden your heart
5. There is danger in not acting NOW.
1. A boy was pushing father in wheelchair past cemetery - two men inside dividing fish - "Now get those two outside the fence." Father beats son home. Mother says, "Go back and get pa's wheelchair, pa can't walk a step."
2. "Now is the accepted time, today is the day of salvation." II Corinthians 6:2