TITLE: Respect for Others
TEXT: Acts 13:16-18
PROPOSITION: God will not put up with disrespect.
KEY WORD: Places
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
- God does not endure a lack of esteem, honor or respect.
- Today – seems to be a scarcity of respect for others.
- Why does there seem to be so little respect?
- Where is there a lack of respect visible?
- How can respect be returned to our lives?
- Not taught – Children see parents – and learn to disrespect
- Selfish attitude (Me first)
- Respect must be earned – NOT TRUE!
Trust must be earned – respect is automatic.
- Home/Family – Obey parents, siblings, "Honor parents", Spouse
- School – Principle, teachers, custodian, coach, books
- Work – Boss, fellow-workers, pride in work, product care
- Church – teachers, elders, deacons
- Government – President, Congress, (rated just above used-car salesmen
- Shopping – crowd into lines, shove, grab, block asiles with cart
- Buildings – Graffitti, break windows,
- Property – Break, borrow and not return
How can respect be returned?
- Learn to respect God, Bible, church.
- If you respect God – other things will fall into place.
Return to list of sermons M - S