TITLE: Reasons we Sin
TEXT: Numbers 20:7-12
PROPOSITION: We can learn how we sin from this example.
KEY WORD: Mistakes
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
1. Moses sinned and was not allowed to enter Canaan.
2. We need to see the mistakes Moses made here.
3. There are several applications for Christians.
1. In wilderness of Zin
2. Miriam died there.
3. Lesson – Personal loss can change our attitudes.
1. In this case it was water.
2. Other times, water, food, danger, death, law, authority
3. Lesson – Complainers can affect how we obey God.
1. God gave clear instructions
2. No problem with them – Clear, direct
Lessons to learn –
A. Law of exclusion – A means A and not B
B. Instrumental music – Sing means sing, speak means speak
C. When God said "1st day of week" he did not mean Saturday.
D. God still loves us – He is still providing us water
E. Me! I would have let them die of thirst.
1. Anger is not the sin – How we handle our anger. (Ephesians 4:26)
2. Allow those situations and people to get you angry?
3. Who rules your life? 1 Corinthians 6:12 not under the power of any
1. By saying, "Must we (Moses and Aaron) bring you water"
2. Failed to give God the glory (credit) before the assembly
Lesson – Colossians 3:17 Word or deed, name of Lord, giving
thanks to God
Ephesians 5:20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father