Return to list of sermons T - Z
TITLE: Thermometers or Thermostats?
TEXT: Jude 20-23
PROPOSITION: We want to make a difference in the world.
KEY WORD: Choices
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
- As you graduate from High School (or
college) you want to make a difference.
- Our text teaches that we should make a
difference in the lives of others.
- Today you have (over simplified)
two choices Thermometer or Thermostat
- Measures, tests, samples
- Tells us something is wrong
- Have to shake down
They are everywhere
- In hospitals nurse take your
- People are thermometers too.
- Work Boss does not compliment, only
points out failures.
- School Teacher tells you to fix the
paper you turned in.
- Home Only speak out when food in
burned, house is dusty, work not done.
- Church Tell leaders what is wrong
with work, programs.
I call them "Born Aginers" When they
were born they were agin (against)
- They tell what is WRONG.
- Never make any suggestions to improve.
- Dont work to make a difference
see Jude 22 (KJV) "making a difference"
Make a difference
- Dont just complain about the
cold/heat change it.
- Dont just point out the problem
work for a solution.
- Thermostats adjust, correct,
change, make a difference
- You have a choice thermostat (make
a difference) OR thermometer (complain)
- Record the problem or solve it; Tell what
is wrong or make it right.
Return to list of sermons from T - Z