Return to list of sermons T - Z
TITLE: Our Warfare and the Weapons
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
PROPOSITION: Christians must understand the war and weapons we use.
KEY WORD: Details
SCRIPTURE READING: Same
- Many figures of speech for Christians – family, vine / branches, sheep / shepherd.
- Our VBS – this Saturday – The Armor of God.
- Today – Basic training.
- Before sent into battle – some basics to know.
- This is a moral conflict. (vs. 3; Ephesians 6:12
Not like war in physical sense.
- This is a war of knowledge / ignorance; light / dark; Christ / Satan
- This is a necessary conflict.
- This is a difficult war.
Not an easy opponent.
- This is an important conflict. Eternity hangs on the outcome.
For the warriors and the victims.
Every Christian is a soldier. When you were baptized = join the army.
Your weapons of protection –
- Truth – John 8:32
- Righteousness – Doing right in the sight of God
- Gospel of Peace – While fighting the war – offer peace
- Faith – Our shield which protects us from Satan's darts
- Salvation – Assurance of God's love and forgiveness
Two weapons for attack –
- Sword of Spirit = Word of God – Use the Bible to attack evil.
- Prayer – Pray for the enemy, for strength, for victory
These weapons are not carnal.
They are mighty through God.
- The pulling down of strongholds
Stronghold = fortress
Obstacles which oppose the truth.
- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing
Systems of philosophy, lifestyles
Many "high things" which must be cast down
- Bringing into captivity every thought
Emotions, thoughts, feelings of the heart
- Christianity is not a system of quietism and pacifism
- Christianity is both offensive and defensive
- Christians must be aggressive.
- Are you ready to enlist (or re-enlist) in the Lord's army?
Return to list of sermons from T - Z