TITLE: Where is the Joy?
TEXT: John 15:11
PROPOSITION: Christians are to have joy all year long.
KEY WORD: Questions
1. End of school, vacation time = time of joy
2. For Christians - Joy should be an everyday thing.
3. Where is our joy?
1. Have we suffered sin to bind us?
2. Have we allowed Satan to blind us?
3. Have we let society bitter us?
HERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
1. WHERE IS THE JOY OF OUR SALVATION?
3 "Fs" - Father, Faith, Forgiveness
Forgiven. Matthew 26:28
Redeemed 1 Peter 1:18
Washed from our sins Revelation 1:5
Not what I HAD to do; What GIFT I was given.
2. WHERE IS THE JOY OF OUR WORSHIP TOGETHER?
The Spirit of God is present. Matthew 18:20 "2 or 3 gathered"
The Saints of God are there.
The Teaching of God (sermon) is there.
The Praise of God (singing) is there.
The Communication with God (prayer) is there.
The Communion with Christ (Lords Supper) is there.
NOT: HAVE to attend I WANT TO.
3. WHERE IS THE JOY OF OUR SERVICE AND WORK FOR GOD?
Working for the King Delight in working for Jesus
Working with the saints Pleasure of preaching.
Working to win the lost Joy of bringing in the sheaves.
NOT what I HAVE to do I what I WANT to do.