Return to list of sermons T - Z
TITLE: Victory over Worry
TEXT: Matthew 6:25-34
PROPOSITION: Jesus gave us a sure formula for victory over
KEY WORD: Keys
SCRIPTURE READING: Matthew 6:25-29
INTRODUCTION: All of us worry at times.
Worry is like a rocking chair Keeps you
busy, but goes nowhere.
Dr. Livingston return from Africa
Did elephants bother you? No insects.
Big things we handle- little things eat at us.
It is not the tornadoes which trouble us
its the termites.
Realize what is important.
- Clothes and food are secondary. 25
- Kingdom of God is FIRST. 33
- Dont waste time on secondary things.
- Dont panic.
- Postpone passing judgment.
Providence says God is still in charge.
Learn to trust the knowledge of God.
- God already knows what you need. 32
- He often waits for us to realize what is
- Four illustrations from science
a] Biology Birds 26
To "eat like a bird" man would have to eat 9
pounds a day
b] Physiology 27
Can you add 12 inches to your height?
c] Botany 28
Flowers in a field are fed, grow, nourished by God
d] Geology 30
God can even make a rock look good clothe it.
- Lets trust God know what is best for
Learn to live one day at a time.
- Learn this from verse 34.
- Forget (dont dwell on) the past.
- Learn the art of starting over each
- Send your worries to Worry, INC.
Hire someone to worry for you.
- Have a worry box. No time now put
worry in box.
Write it down put in box.
Later read what you worried about.
- Opposite of worry = FAITH.
Return to list of sermons from T - Z